POSITION: Webmaster / Manager, Digital Content (Remote)
The Digital Content Manager is a dynamic position at the center of all that Stardom Media publishes for its members, prospective online audience and business leaders who visit Stardom101Mag.net digital platform. This position provides a critically important service through the daily management of editorial content and interactive features on Stardom website and creates, edit and publish text and multimedia content as needed by all relevant Stardom constituencies and teams. The Digital Content Manager implements a wide range of cutting-edge digital initiatives while striving to increase digital traffic and attract new visitors through targeted and insightful interactive content on Stardom101Mag.net
- Manages, updates textual errors and multimedia editorial content provided by the editorial team.
- Uploads banner advertising, trending news and stories to the website daily provided by the founder.
- Uses editorial judgment to prioritize the relevance of content to all readers and delivers that content in a compelling way designed to maximize visits, clicks and time on site.
- Writes compelling content headlines and summaries and selects images and video that complement each article.
- Serves as a back-up for all newsletter production and publication.
- Continuously makes SEO improvements to content across Stardom101Mag.net, monitors site search analytics and routinely identifies and leads redesigns of our page templates and smaller experiences.
- Closely monitors traffic metrics and identifies modifications to capitalize on trends; strives to increase unique visitors and page views; and helps sets goals for the growth of key metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant on the job experience
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively complex professional experience in digital and/or editorial content.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing and editing a website under deadline in an editorial environment.
- Proven track record of having excellent editorial judgment, writing and editing skills.
- Is metrics minded with demonstrated experience crafting compelling headlines and copy that have resulted in increased open and click-through rates.
- Experience with SharePoint, WordPress and/or other CMS and publishing tools, as well as experience with the range of software needed to produce a high-quality website.
- Experience with basic editing and publishing of digital video and audio content.
- Knowledge of SEO best.practices and web standards for content
- Has proficient knowledge of HTML, CSS and other web-publishing languages, as well as Google Analytics and/or other leading web analytics systems.
- Proven website management capability using WordPress
- Solid news judgment and familiar with the Entertainment industry and Stardom’s audience.
- Proven writing and editing ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact productively with the editorial team
- Ability to juggle variety of work tasks, projects and plans within deadline