Position Type: Social Media Manager and Content Curator (Remote)
Stardom Media is looking for a highly strategic & experienced Social Media Community Manager / Content Curator to manage Stardom’s owned social communities in support of our brand vision & business goals. You will be working in a fast-paced, creative environment that offers an opportunity to be part of building a rapidly growing brand.
A strong social media community manager should have a passion for Breaking News, Hip Hop Music, Entertainment, Business, African American Art / Culture and versatile skills that span from copywriting and written content, creativity, analyzing results, and connecting with influencers, journalists, and bloggers. This role is responsible for Stardom’s brand voice, for growing audiences, attracting visitors to our website, generating leads, and nurturing those prospects into becoming customers on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest). Our Social Media Community Manager needs to be able to pick and share content in a way that will accomplish each of those goals.
A. Copywriter. This role is responsible for the creation and adaptation of written content for specific social media networks; maintaining a brand voice while still adapting it to different platforms. A great caption or piece of written content speaks directly to our audience and leads to more engagement.
B. Multimedia Producer. Creating images, photos or videos for all social platform. Producing mobile-optimized stories and creating other content from scratch that helps to grow our following (working with our graphic designer).
C. Social Media Metrics Analyst. Constantly testing and analyzing results. A social media community manager needs to be able to dig into the data, analyze that data, and draw actionable insights.
D. News Commentator and Curator. Find new opportunities for the company by keeping track of their industry, news, and social media trends. The Social Media Community Manager will act as an extension of PR, connecting directly with influencers, journalists, and reporters, to increase coverage of the brand.
E. Customer Service Representative. The social media community manager needs to be able to communicate with people in different buying stages and mood dispositions.
F. Community Manager and Facilitator. Part of building a following on social media is helping that following connect with each other and become a community. Asks relevant questions in an engaging way to seed discussions, setting the tone for the community, being present, and enforcing community guidelines.
· Oversee the strategy & management of Stardom’s owned social channels—including Instagram, Linkedin, Pinterest, Twitter & Facebook
· Set the social strategy across all platforms—ensuring there is a monthly editorial calendar that keep monthly marketing objectives & initiatives in mind
· Grow Stardom’s owned social channels & increase overall engagement with dynamic content ideas & strategies
· Support content ideation & strategy
· Partner cross-functionally with channel owners to support campaign & key brand moments to execute key campaign & brand moments
· Create, review and approve all social media copy & content
· Manage Customer Service & Community Associate’s day-to-day activities—including community management across all social platforms, posting & scheduling, & content approvals
· Develop programs & outreach strategy to grow our community, channels & brand awareness
· Support in strategizing, testing & launching Stardom on new social platforms along with developing new types of content
· Support campaigns & partners
· 3+ years of social media management experience— news, entertainment, music, business, sports, comedy or lifestyle experience preferred
· Experience in social media analytics & deep understanding of social media insights
· Passion for building communities
· Strong understanding of marketing strategy & how to use social media channels to meet objectives
· Impeccable organization & attention to detail
· Strong project management skills
· Elevated creative eye & aesthetic
· Strong written communication skills
JOB TYPE: Independent Contractor